JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DIOCESE OF NEW ULM
- Junior-Senior High Math Instructor
- Director of Youth Ministry
- Junior-Senior High Social Studies Instructor
- Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
- Director of Sacred Music
- Head High School Boys Basketball Coach
Junior-Senior High Math Instructor
Job Qualifications: St. Mary's Catholic School of Sleepy Eye is seeking a junior-senior high math instructor for the 2018-2019 school year. St. Mary's is a preK-12 Catholic school in search of an individual of the Catholic faith, who desires to make a difference in the lives of our students. Applicants must be passionate about education, strong in collaboration, focused on instructional best practices, and contribute positively to the learning and development of all students. Applicants must hold a valid MN teaching license in the area of Secondary Education. Extra-curricular activities and coaching positions available.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should visit www.sesmschool.com to obtain an application and answer short essay questions. Mail, email, or fax a cover letter, personal resume, St. Mary's application, short essay questions, copy of MN licensure, copy of transcript, and three letters of recommendation to: Mr. Andrew Bach, Principal St. Mary's Junior-Senior High School 104 St. Mary's St NW Sleepy Eye, MN 56085 Phone: 507-794-4121 Fax: 507-794-4841 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Deadline: May 23, 2018
Director of Youth Ministry
Job Qualifications: The Church of St. Peter in St. Peter is seeking a full-time dynamic Director of Youth Ministry that is passionate about leading teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church. This position is responsible for both Junior High and High School Youth Ministry programs (EDGE & Life Teen) and coordinates Confirmation Preparation (11th grade). Relational ministry is at the utmost importance in this position, not only with the teens but with core members, parents, parishoners and staff. Candidates must have at least 2 years of Youth Ministry experience and a working knowledge of the EDGE and Life Teen ministry model. Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in theology, catechetics, youth ministry or in another related field. The Director of Youth Ministry directly assists the pastor in the mission of the parish to be a disciple guiding disciples.
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Provide faith-forming prayer experiences with junior high and high school students.
- Provide resources for staff faith development, and aids the pastor in implementation.
- Direct EDGE Program for the 7th and 8th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Life-Teen program for 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Confirmation program according to Diocesan Guidelines and generally along the Life-Teen model.
- Plan and lead at least two retreat experiences for the teens each year (eg. Fall retreat and Steubenville conferences).
- Coordinate volunteers for Youth Masses.Develop and protect a climate for growth in faith and the Catholic Christian teachings and values in keeping with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program.
- Work closely with the Faith Formation Director and Pastor to help facilitate an integrated, organized and comprehensive Faith Formation Programs.
- Take responsibility for volunteer Faith Formation personnel through recruitment of team catechists and volunteers, aiding in catechist goal-setting, and modeling best teaching practices.
- The position requires that the person: Have obtained at minimum bachelor of arts in education, religious education, Catholic theology or in related field. Must have practical experience in youth ministry.
- Must have practical and appropriate educational experiences.
- Must demonstrate evidence of good organization and communication skills.
- Must have proficiency in technology skills.Must possess good people and relation skills.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the Church of St. Peter Mission and Philosophy.
- Be active, knowledgeable and supportive of the Catholic Faith and witness this to the community.
- Work effectively and collegially with othersWork well with others maintaining a positive and helpful attitude even in chaotic times.
- Make decisions in timely mannerWork without supervision, and discern when supervision is needed.
- Take directions from the Pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.Ability to problem solve and deal with conflict and adversity.
- Take directions from the pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.
Experience: LIfeTeen and Edge: 1 year (Required) Catholic Theology: 2 years (Required) Catholic Youth Ministry: 2 years (Required) Education:
How to Apply: For more information or to apply online: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Church-of-St.-Peter/jobs/Director-Youth-Ministry-5437cc21b9b632ee?q=youth+ministry&vjs=3. For a complete position description or to submit resume and curriculum vitae contact Fr. Todd Petersen,email@example.com.
Job Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
Junior-Senior High Social Studies Instructor
Job Qualifications: Full-time opening for Junior-Senior High School Social Studies Instructor for 2018-2019 school year beginning on or around August 15th, 2018 at St. Mary's Catholic School in Sleepy Eye. Extra-curricular activities and coaching positions available. Applicants must hold a valid Minnesota teaching license in the area of secondary education. Must be knowledgeable in social studies, possess strong organizational skills, and be able to work with all levels of academic abilities.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should visit www.sesmschool.com, to obtain an application and copy of short essay questions. Mail, email, or fax application and essay questions along with cover letter, personal resume, copy of MN licensure, copy of transcript, and three letters of recommendation to: Mr. Andrew Bach St. Mary's Junior-Senior High School 104 St. Mary's St NW Sleepy Eye, MN 56085 Phone: 507-794-4121 Fax: 507-794-4841 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Deadline: May 16, 2018
Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
Job Qualifications: The parishes of the Church of the Assumption in Eden Valley and the Church of St. Anthony in Watkins are hiring a full-time Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry.
The twinned parishes make up about 825 registered families in a rural setting northwest of St Paul, Minnesota. This individual, in collaboration with the pastor, parish leaders, and parish staff will primarily plan, provide direction, and direct Christ-centered programs of catechesis and evangelization for youth, (pre-K-12). They will engage families in the formation of the children so that a living and active relationship with Christ and the Church is grown and helps to advance the Church’s Gospel mission. They will lead and support the process for continuing conversion and RCIA and sacramental preparation of Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation. A part-time DRE assistant will assist this person with the religious education portion of the position. They will also lead and oversee the Youth Ministry Program in the parishes which will engage young students in their faith through programming and relationship building. The parishes of Assumption in Eden Valley and St. Anthony’s in Watkins have separate religious education programs with one being Wednesday evenings, and one a day-time release program.
Candidates must be a practicing Catholic with a love for the Church and her teachings and a desire to make disciples in the Church. It is desired that they have a bachelor’s degree in theology, religious education or a related field, and three to five years of experience. They must be self-motivated, able to lead well, professional, creative, able to build relationships with both adults and youth, able to meet deadlines, welcoming and kind to all who come through our doors, a desire to assist in building a vibrant Catholic parish life.
How to Apply: For consideration, send resume with cover letter to: Interview Committee St. Anthony’s Parish 201 Central Avenue South P.O. Box 409 Watkins, MN 55389 320-764-2755; email@example.com
Director of Sacred Music
Job Qualifications: A full-time Director of Sacred Music is needed at the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in New Ulm, Minn. Candidate should have musical proficiency in organ, piano, and voice. Experience in liturgical music preferred. Responsible for developing liturgical music at the Cathedral, directing and overseeing choral programs, assisting as an organist at parish liturgies, and providing training to parish musicians. Complete job description
The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity is a Roman Catholic cathedral and is the seat of the Diocese of Ulm. There are approximately 1,500 registered households.
A new 49 rank JFNordlie pipe organ was recently installed - 4 divisions, 60 stops, and over 2,500 pipes. It features handcarved, gold-gilded pipe shade, solid hardwoods and a three manual moveable console.
New Ulm is located 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the Minnesota River Valley. It has a strong German heritage and many historic attractions.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume and three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Msgr. Douglas L. Grams, Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, 605 North State Street, New Ulm, MN 56073.
Job Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
Head High School Boys Basketball Coach
Job Qualifications: St. Mary's High School in Sleepy Eye has a position open for a Head Boys Basketball Coach. Candidate would need a Head Coach Licensure or willingness to obtain. This person would lead and direct a competitive high school program and provide leadership and direction to lower level coaches.
How to Apply: Contact: Andrew Bach-Principal or Bruce Woitas-AD, 104 St. Mary's St NW, Sleepy Eye, MN 56085; 507-794-4121.
Job Application Deadline: Position open until filled.