JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DIOCESE OF NEW ULM
- High School Science Teacher
- Food Service Assistant
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Junior-Senior High Math Instructor
- Director of Youth Ministry
- Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
High School Science Teacher, Full-Time
Job Qualifications: New Ulm Area Catholic Schools is seeking a full-time High School Science Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Applicant must complete and pass safe environment requirements, including background checks. Valid MN teaching license required. Teacher job description is available at www.nuacs.com, "Employment Opportunities."
How to Apply: : Please email resume, letter of intent, and credentials to William Schumacher, High School Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
Food Service Assistant #2, Part-Time
Job Qualifications: New Ulm Area Catholic Schools is seeking a part-time Food Service Assistant. This person will provide assistance to Director of Food Service and the head cook in preparing healthy and nutritious meals and snacks for the school population in accordance with the school wellness policy, federal and state nutritional guidelines, and abide by the safety procedures as outlined by federal, state, and county programs. Assist with clean up duties of the cafeteria, kitchen, and dishwashing room.
Position is for the 2018-2019 school year, student contact days only, according to school calendar. Applicant must complete and pass safe environment requirements, including background checks. Complete job description and application available at www.nuacs.com, "Employment Opportunities."
How to Apply: : Please visit www.nuacs.com for an application, to be submitted online, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to William Schumacher, high school principal, 600 North Washington Street, New Ulm, MN 56073.
Job Application Deadline: Position open until filled.
Job Qualifications: St. Raphael Catholic School in Springfield is looking for a full-time kindergarten teacher. Candidate should be enthusiastic and licensed or eligible to be licensed to teach Elementary Education by the Department of Education of Minnesota.
How to Apply: : Interested applicants can fax, email, or mail a cover letter, resume, copy of licensure, copy of transcript, and three letters of recommendation to: Mrs. Jennifer Fischer, Principal, 20 West Van Dusen, Springfield, MN 56087; Fax: 507-723-5409, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
Math and Science Teacher
Job Qualifications: Holy Trinity Catholic School in Winsted is seeking a Math and Science Teacher. Applicant must be student-centered, passionate about math, and willing to teach a science class as well. BA/BS degree in math education; additional science degree preferred. MN licensure required. Teaching experience preferred.
How to Apply: Please send your letter of introduction, resume, three references, transcripts and MN teaching license to: Dr. Bonita Jungels at email@example.com
Job Application Deadline: August 15, 2018
Director of Youth Ministry
Job Qualifications: The Church of St. Peter in St. Peter is seeking a full-time dynamic Director of Youth Ministry that is passionate about leading teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church. This position is responsible for both Junior High and High School Youth Ministry programs (EDGE & Life Teen) and coordinates Confirmation Preparation (11th grade). Relational ministry is at the utmost importance in this position, not only with the teens but with core members, parents, parishoners and staff. Candidates must have at least 2 years of Youth Ministry experience and a working knowledge of the EDGE and Life Teen ministry model. Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in theology, catechetics, youth ministry or in another related field. The Director of Youth Ministry directly assists the pastor in the mission of the parish to be a disciple guiding disciples.
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Provide faith-forming prayer experiences with junior high and high school students.
- Provide resources for staff faith development, and aids the pastor in implementation.
- Direct EDGE Program for the 7th and 8th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Life-Teen program for 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Confirmation program according to Diocesan Guidelines and generally along the Life-Teen model.
- Plan and lead at least two retreat experiences for the teens each year (eg. Fall retreat and Steubenville conferences).
- Coordinate volunteers for Youth Masses.Develop and protect a climate for growth in faith and the Catholic Christian teachings and values in keeping with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program.
- Work closely with the Faith Formation Director and Pastor to help facilitate an integrated, organized and comprehensive Faith Formation Programs.
- Take responsibility for volunteer Faith Formation personnel through recruitment of team catechists and volunteers, aiding in catechist goal-setting, and modeling best teaching practices.
- The position requires that the person: Have obtained at minimum bachelor of arts in education, religious education, Catholic theology or in related field. Must have practical experience in youth ministry.
- Must have practical and appropriate educational experiences.
- Must demonstrate evidence of good organization and communication skills.
- Must have proficiency in technology skills.Must possess good people and relation skills.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the Church of St. Peter Mission and Philosophy.
- Be active, knowledgeable and supportive of the Catholic Faith and witness this to the community.
- Work effectively and collegially with othersWork well with others maintaining a positive and helpful attitude even in chaotic times.
- Make decisions in timely mannerWork without supervision, and discern when supervision is needed.
- Take directions from the Pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.Ability to problem solve and deal with conflict and adversity.
- Take directions from the pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.
Experience: LIfeTeen and Edge: 1 year (Required) Catholic Theology: 2 years (Required) Catholic Youth Ministry: 2 years (Required) Education:
How to Apply: For more information or to apply online: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Church-of-St.-Peter/jobs/Director-Youth-Ministry-5437cc21b9b632ee?q=youth+ministry&vjs=3. For a complete position description or to submit resume and curriculum vitae contact Fr. Todd Petersen,firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
Job Qualifications: The parishes of the Church of the Assumption in Eden Valley and the Church of St. Anthony in Watkins are hiring a full-time Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry.
The twinned parishes make up about 825 registered families in a rural setting northwest of St Paul, Minnesota. This individual, in collaboration with the pastor, parish leaders, and parish staff will primarily plan, provide direction, and direct Christ-centered programs of catechesis and evangelization for youth, (pre-K-12). They will engage families in the formation of the children so that a living and active relationship with Christ and the Church is grown and helps to advance the Church’s Gospel mission. They will lead and support the process for continuing conversion and RCIA and sacramental preparation of Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation. A part-time DRE assistant will assist this person with the religious education portion of the position. They will also lead and oversee the Youth Ministry Program in the parishes which will engage young students in their faith through programming and relationship building. The parishes of Assumption in Eden Valley and St. Anthony’s in Watkins have separate religious education programs with one being Wednesday evenings, and one a day-time release program.
Candidates must be a practicing Catholic with a love for the Church and her teachings and a desire to make disciples in the Church. It is desired that they have a bachelor’s degree in theology, religious education or a related field, and three to five years of experience. They must be self-motivated, able to lead well, professional, creative, able to build relationships with both adults and youth, able to meet deadlines, welcoming and kind to all who come through our doors, a desire to assist in building a vibrant Catholic parish life.
How to Apply: For consideration, send resume with cover letter to: Interview Committee St. Anthony’s Parish 201 Central Avenue South P.O. Box 409 Watkins, MN 55389 320-764-2755; email@example.com