JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DIOCESE OF NEW ULM
Director of Youth Ministry
JH-HS Math Instructor
Job Qualifications: St. Mary’s Catholic School in Sleepy Eye is seeking a junior-senior high Math instructor for the 2019-2020 school year. St. Mary's is a preK-12 Catholic School in search of an individual of the Catholic faith, who desires to make a difference in the lives of our students. Applicants must be passionate about education, strong in collaboration, focused on instructional best practices, and contribute positively to the learning and development of all students. Applicants must hold a valid MN teaching license in the area of Secondary Education. Extra-curricular activities and coaching positions available.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should visit our website, www.sesmschool.com, to obtain an application and answer short essay questions. Mail, email, or fax a cover letter, personal resume, St. Mary's application, short essay questions, copy of MN licensure, copy of transcript, and three letters of recommendation to: Mr. Peter Roufs, Principal St. Mary’s Junior-Senior High School 104 St. Mary’s St NW Sleepy Eye, MN 56085 Phone: 507-794-4121 Fax: 507-794-4841 firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Deadline: Until filled.
Director of Youth Ministry
Job Qualifications: The Church of St. Peter in St. Peter is seeking a full-time dynamic Director of Youth Ministry that is passionate about leading teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church. This position is responsible for both Junior High and High School Youth Ministry programs (EDGE & Life Teen) and coordinates Confirmation Preparation (11th grade). Relational ministry is at the utmost importance in this position, not only with the teens but with core members, parents, parishoners and staff. Candidates must have at least 2 years of Youth Ministry experience and a working knowledge of the EDGE and Life Teen ministry model. Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in theology, catechetics, youth ministry or in another related field. The Director of Youth Ministry directly assists the pastor in the mission of the parish to be a disciple guiding disciples.
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Provide faith-forming prayer experiences with junior high and high school students.
- Provide resources for staff faith development, and aids the pastor in implementation.
- Direct EDGE Program for the 7th and 8th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Life-Teen program for 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade including selection of materials, recruitment and training of group leaders.
- Direct Confirmation program according to Diocesan Guidelines and generally along the Life-Teen model.
- Plan and lead at least two retreat experiences for the teens each year (eg. Fall retreat and Steubenville conferences).
- Coordinate volunteers for Youth Masses.Develop and protect a climate for growth in faith and the Catholic Christian teachings and values in keeping with the Diocesan Safe Environment Program.
- Work closely with the Faith Formation Director and Pastor to help facilitate an integrated, organized and comprehensive Faith Formation Programs.
- Take responsibility for volunteer Faith Formation personnel through recruitment of team catechists and volunteers, aiding in catechist goal-setting, and modeling best teaching practices.
- The position requires that the person: Have obtained at minimum bachelor of arts in education, religious education, Catholic theology or in related field. Must have practical experience in youth ministry.
- Must have practical and appropriate educational experiences.
- Must demonstrate evidence of good organization and communication skills.
- Must have proficiency in technology skills.Must possess good people and relation skills.
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the Church of St. Peter Mission and Philosophy.
- Be active, knowledgeable and supportive of the Catholic Faith and witness this to the community.
- Work effectively and collegially with othersWork well with others maintaining a positive and helpful attitude even in chaotic times.
- Make decisions in timely mannerWork without supervision, and discern when supervision is needed.
- Take directions from the Pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.Ability to problem solve and deal with conflict and adversity.
- Take directions from the pastor and effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed.
Experience: LIfeTeen and Edge: 1 year (Required) Catholic Theology: 2 years (Required) Catholic Youth Ministry: 2 years (Required) Education:
How to Apply: For more information or to apply online:
https://www.indeedjobs.com/church-of-st-peter/_hl/en_US?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLnsfzg9-fxtSF5F6TAHPZaY For a complete position description or to submit resume and curriculum vitae contact Fr. Todd Petersen, email@example.com.
Job Application Deadline: Open until filled.