During the Year of Mercy, carrying out the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy is a special way to enter into the graces of this year, extending mercy to those who need it most.
One of the works of mercy which we often overlook is "Visiting the Imprisoned." Victims of human trafficking are in need of our mercy to help them out of the bondage in which they find themselves. What we often don't realize is that victims are here in our midst, in the Diocese of New Ulm.
To learn more about how you can prevent human trafficking in your own community, consider attending this free workshop.
Through the training you receive, you will be learn how to:
- Identify human trafficking and exploitation in various industries
- Establish partnerships with coalitions and other organizations to combat human trafficking
- Support survivors of human trafficking
- Become an ethical employer and consumer
- 2 hrs Social Work CEUs available ($10)