Promotion and Defense of Marriage
The Diocese of New Ulm seeks to uphold and build up a culture of marriage and family life. Below you will find resources on the Catholic understanding of marriage and family life. For more information, contact Sr. Candace Fier, 507-359-2966.
NEWS ON REDEFINITION OF MARRIAGE
BISHOP JOHN M. LEVOIR'S VIDEO ON
THE MARRIAGE PROTECTION AMENDMENT
IN THE NEWS
The Church's Teaching on Marriage
- Marriage - Unique for a Reason
- Produced by the USCCB and its Subcommittee for the Promotion and Defense of Marriage, this Web site contains videos, Church documents, blog entries, and other resources that explain the Church's teaching on the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Minnesota Catholic Conference
- "The Minnesota Catholic Conference (MCC) coordinates the Catholic Church’s non-partisan lobbying and public policy activities on behalf of the bishops of Minnesota. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the teaching of His Church guide (their) work" ("About Us," Web site).
- Minnesota for Marriage
- Minnesota for Marriage is a broad coalition of leaders – both inter-faith and people outside the religious community – who support the Minnesota Marriage Amendment and asked the legislature to place it on the ballot. These leaders have assembled a campaign to ensure this amendment passes.
- "Marriage and Religious Freedom" - Open Letter from Religious Leaders to All Americans
- "What Is Marriage?," by Sherif Girgis, Robert P. George, and Ryan T. Anderson
- "Marriage, Same-Sex Relationships, and the Catholic Church," by Bishop Thomas J. Paprocki, auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Chicago (2006)
- Remarks for MN House of Representatives hearings on same-sex marriage, by Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse (May 2011)
- "The Limited Government/Libertarian Case for Man Woman Marriage," by Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse (January 2012)
- "What About the Children? Liberal Cautions on Same-Sex Marriage," by Don Browning and Elizabeth Marquardt